The GeoMentor Program, sponsored by the Environmental Systems Research Institute and the National Geographic Society, encourages GIS users to mentor educators and students in using this valuable technology. Whether you are a GIS user, educator, or student; here are some valuable resources for implementing Geospatial Technology in the classroom.
Geography Awareness Week is held the third week of each November, promoting the importance of geography education in the United States.
GIS Day provides an international forum for users of geographic information systems (GIS) technology to demonstrate real-world applications that are making a difference in our society.
- ArcExplorer Java Edition for Education – http://www.esri.com/aejee
- ArcGIS Explorer – http://www.esri.com/software/arcexplorer/explorer.html
- Bing Maps – http://www.bing.com/maps/
- Google Earth – http://earth.google.com/
- Google Maps – http://maps.google.com/
ArcExplorer Java Edition for Education
Presentations and Handouts
If you have any information that you would like to add to this page, please contact me by email: timothy [at] gispathway.com